Help Save My Truck!

ah, but does he really value his education. read his very first post. hell, i'll quote if for the group, "My parents are selling my 1997 Z71 which I value above all else."

padna, i'd say your priorities are a little...errr, a lot....out of whack.

gig 'em ags! legend

Reply to
Texas Legend

Angelus

gig 'em ags! legend

Reply to
Angelus

Reply to
Angelus

Reply to
Angelus

Reply to
Angelus

Well why don't you hire a lawyer to find out? Oh yeah that's right your broke.

I know send a plea for help to the internet community for money to hire a lawyer to sue your parents! Oh yeah we'd just tell you to f*ck off.

Reply to
abomb6900

Yeah, your missing the point, GET A REAL JOB THAT PAYS MONEY NOT HAMBURGERS AND BEER FOR YOUR COLLEGE BUDDIES AND YOU TO DRINK UP!

Plus, if you were smart, you could still work Full Time somplace that pays good.

Reply to
abomb6900

Yeah, your missing the point, GET A REAL JOB THAT PAYS MONEY NOT HAMBURGERS AND BEER FOR YOUR COLLEGE BUDDIES AND YOU TO DRINK UP!

Plus, if you were smart, you could still work Full Time somplace that pays good.

Reply to
abomb6900
Reply to
Brown Weed

Let the truck go Zack and refund or donate the PayPals to a better cause. It was a depreciating asset when you bought it and as you see from the body damage they can get expensive to maintain. One thing you need to learn is when to cut your losses before they take on a life of their own. You have the pictures to remember the adventures. It's time to move on to something else and at your age a bit more independent. Be big about it and stop asking for handouts. What classes are you taking at SFA.

Reply to
NCIII

That could be a fake pic, he just wants the$$ so him and his buddies can party!!

Reply to
LARRY929

When I wa in hi school I was doing good to have a raggety pice of shit to drive let alone a 16000 dollar trk!!!

Reply to
LARRY929

Ill sent you a six pack. lol lol

Reply to
LARRY929

only 1/2 of your 2 cents, RF??? that isn't like you at all.. rofl

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Angelus

Reply to
Angelus

and if i open a paypal acct. will ppl put into it so i can buy a can of pepsi?

Reply to
Charles H.

Excellent choices. Listen to your instructors, get good grades and you'll have a new truck in no time.

Reply to
NCIII

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:40:21 GMT, "Angelus" wrote:

i've read your posting with some interest as i was in a similar situation while attending college. some background, my parents "stole" all of my scholarship monies (stole is in quotations because the checks were actually made in their name and not mine, so legally its theirs but morally its mine) and my brother told me they were going to keep it. the first year of college was paid for since the scholarships paid the university directly as well as my basic living expenses since i was in a dorm, which had to be prepaid. realizing i was in a bind and i actually had "free-time," i started working in order to pay for my living expenses. i tried to get student loans but i was continually denied because my parents weren't broke, it was expected that parents pay a percentage of your college expenses, and i already had enough scholarships to pay for my schooling, even when i explained my situation. i bought a new pickup when i was 16 years old with my own money (this was when trucks were cheap - paid $7000 for a brand new 1979 k10 with my money) - my parents and myself were the registered owners, i was the sole legal owner. i had my brother send the pickup to me and this, with a camper top, became my home. after a year i got a car loan and i bought a junker sedan that i parked and used as "dry storage." i lived like this for 3 years and this was before being "homeless" was fashionable with all of their advocates and services available. basically, i took care of myself. by the time i graduated i was working three jobs, full-time as a security guard, and 2 part-time jobs on the weekends: duty mechanic during the day doing all the small stuff and finishing up jobs and a cashier during the graveyard hours, all for minimum wage or a little better which was 2/3 bucks/hour and when i left those jobs i was making the big bucks $5/hour. yep, thats all i did, study, eat, sleep, shit, and work. i think about the past a lot...and i think it made for a better future, although a lot of people complain that i'm a "hard man," and its because of my life experiences. think of your situation now and learn from it as there are a lot of lessons that you completely ignore:

1) if you're completely independent, than you have a choice as to what you want to do, until then you have no say. right now, your truck is nothing but "eye-candy" (since all you seemed concerned about is its lift and tire size) and transportation, if that. 2) legal principals on ownership.

3) mature choices and decisions; something that will be done throughout the rest of your life...some easy, some difficult...not just a matter of driving a pickup or station wagon...big deal!! ife is full of choices that need to be made: start up a business with limited capital, you make hard choices everyday. no one has a money tree growing in their backyard but as pointed out in regards to your paypal account, there's a sucker born every minute. consider yourself lucky that some people felt sorry for you and you have $200 in your pocket for nothing.

you are irresponsible because you're whining like a little puppy just separated from its mother...suck it up and move on!!!

how am i doing today? pretty well financially, i own 2 apartments and

2 houses, chugging along with life, trying to keep it slow and simple...i'm still pretty tight with a penny although if the price is right and i want it, i'll buy it. by the way, i drive a 89 2500, someone gave me (free), put in a lot of hours and a few bucks to get it rolling, bare basic, no a/c, no lift, no big tires, manual everything but it starts when it has to, hauls what i need, and it stops when i step on the brakes: i'm happy, all i need.
Reply to
Kawika