Help Save My Truck!!

Ok people, this is my call for help here. I'm 18, a student at SFA, and I have a problem. My parents are selling my truck which I value above all else. Check out the website to see how you can help. Thanks! Zack

Angelus

I'm with your parents you lazy ass. You should have given them the money in stead of buying a lift kit.

Your a punk.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Maybe I can get ppl to pay off my loan for the new motor in my Blazer too??

Reply to
LARRY929

You could get a job.

Reply to
René

Reply to
Angelus

Hmmm...

As usual there is a lack of constructive commentary here in ATC...

Three negative posts and 182 seeming donors (?) ... You do the math here.

That aside, I can understand where this fellow is coming from even if I can't open my pocketbook. (Which is more of a Paypal thing than anything else...I could stand to lose a $...it won't be the first and likely not the last...nor, sadly, the least...)

If I were this feller, I'd be asking my parents if I could pay for the part of the truck they bought over time. That would seem like a good compromise.

William The Guesser -- wondering if Zack will save his truck...

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Reply to
Angelus

If you value the trk that much go to work full time and pay the money!!!!

Reply to
LARRY929

Why didn't he get it paid for before the lift kit & big tires were put on it , sounds like he has his priorities wrong!!

Reply to
LARRY929

Piece of cake.

20 hours a week, boo-hoo-hoo, cry me a fing river.
Reply to
René

Because what he does with his own money is his own business, but other people are supposed to take care of his "needs"?

Reply to
René

Reply to
Angelus

Reply to
Angelus

Walk to school, it'll build character. Or was that calluses? Oh well one or the other.

Reply to
el Diablo

Be sure to take economics 101

Reply to
Battleax

Your parents sound like smart people. I hope when they find out what a begging little shit you are they take away your allowance and teach you about priority's. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Hey I did ok with out college. Are mommy and daddy paying fro that too?

Reply to
LARRY929

There has been a lot of constructive commentary about this little maggot. He needs to grow up, stop whining about "losing" his truck and get on with college. He sounds like he has long suffering parents...hopefully in a few years he will realize how smart they are.

Lots of stupid people on the internet, William. You must know that by now.

You must be out of your mind! If you can understand where this fellow is coming from....I'll have to move my opinion of you down a few pegs. He doesn't have his priorities straight, and he's panhandling like some homeless beggar. At least they have a good reason to be panhandling, and I don't mind sliding them money when I run into them.

That's not a compromise. That's just the default position. I hope he pays them every last cent of that 7500 dollars back.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Hi!

Hmmm...who's to say for sure? I doubt any of us know him personally or for that matter know exactly what's going on. I asked myself a number of questions--things like is there really a truck, or what would happen if this feller doesn't make his goal? Those are big questions that demand correct answers.

I have also noticed the page has been updated a few times since the original posting and that the hit counter doesn't sync with supposed donations.

One thing I do maintain my stance on however--is the lack of constructive commentary. I really can't call much (if any) of this constructive commentary. Truthful though it could very well be, it isn't stated very politely or without profanity in most cases. See below.

Yep.

Perhaps this bit needs some clarification. I just lost everything in my basement to a flood. Nothing of any *real* hard value there, but lots of hard work and learning to get it all going the way I wanted. It was my pride and joy. Those were the lines I was thinking along when I read the post...the kid has put some work into the truck and he wants to keep it. I didn't necessarily see anything wrong with that, even if it may not be the smartest thing to do. I don't agree with the idea of soliciting donations from the Internet community, but I do have some faint idea what it is like to feel so desperate and/or lose things you really enjoyed, good cause or not...right or wrong. Eventually one does move on, but it takes time.

That said, I also have a serious "vulnerability" as it were. I'm far too trusting and I believe far too often that people are generally good at heart. It's burned me before. I'm learning, but I don't know if I will ever get there. At least I have youth on my side in that regard. And perhaps my emotions are far too involved. That's another issue that I've fought over time. I've come a long way in realizing that it's only Usenet, but I still falter.

All of that is assuming--of course--that there is a truck and that's what the money will go for. That possibility alone is just too big of a risk and why I won't be helping out with it.

So, no, I can't support this person. But I can't condemn him either. I simply don't know enough to make an educated and informed decision on the issue at hand. Nor will I attempt to do so. And that is my final take on it.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Reply to