High Output or Not?

Reply to
Mike Levy

I'm look ing at buying an S10 blazer 92' and i'm wondering how can i tell if it is high output or not?!

Reply to
Matt

It isn't.

Reply to
Bob Muse

It COULD be. GM started with the CPI engine in the later part of the

92 MY. There was no difference in the VIN designation at that point, otherwise that would be a REAL easy way to ID it.
Reply to
Mike Levy

I was being a smartass at the notion that there probably wasn't any "high Performance" going even if there was an HO designation. What was the output of the HO engine? (now I'm curious instead of a smartass)

Reply to
Bob Muse

195 HP, 260 ft-lbs of torque in the early engines. The later 4x4 4.3's were 190 HP and 260 torque. Not much of a difference, I had a 94 with the HO 4.3 and 3.42 gears and now have a 2000 S-10 ZR2 with the 190 HP 4.3, 3.73 gears and 31's and it feels like it has about the same power and gets about the same mileage.
Reply to
Mike Levy