Ian, Doc, others? Window Regulator

Hey guys, I have a 99 Z71 and the window regulator finally popped yesterday. I have a cheapie Haynes manual and sometimes you get what you pay for. Can it really be that easy to change the window regulator? I pulled the door panel to see what it looked like and it does seem pretty simple. The problem is, the cable is all slack and there's no way to figure out the routing without some kind of picture. Does the new regulator (motor included) come with the cable all connected, so its a simple bolt in? Is there any adjustment to do, or is it connected to work when its installed? You guys have been a bunch of help in the past. Thanks for your input in advance!

Reply to
George
1.. Raise the window glass. If the window motor is inoperable, remove the glass window to gain access to the window motor retaining screws. Refer to Window Replacement - Front Door . 2.. Remove the door trim panel. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Door . 3.. Remove the water deflector. Refer to Water Deflector Replacement - Door . 4.. Remove the door speaker. Refer to Speaker Replacement in Entertainment. 5.. Support the glass. 6.. Disconnect the wiring harness from the window regulator motor.

7.. Remove the 3 bolts (1) from the window motor located on the front side of the motor.

Important Do not allow the cable gear to come out of the housing. Failure will result in the cable coming off the spool.

8.. Separate the motor from the cable housing by wiggling the window motor. Observe the orientation of the window motor. 9.. Remove the motor from the window regulator assembly. Cam
Reply to
Cam

Reply to
George

These regulators are a failure item. The cable breaks and the replacement comes as a whole unit that is quite simple to replace. Costs here in Canadian$ $300. Have replaced both in my 99 Z71.

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmie