leaking oil filter adaptor

I got it done. Had to remove the front drive shaft, remove the bell housing. Since the tranny lines were in the way, I removed the starter so I could slide the housing to the side and out of the way.

The o-ring was a flat round rubber gasket. The new one was three times as thick and round. The paper gasket disintegrated once I touched it. Put it all back and looks good so far. Took 5 hours.

Reply to
LS

PITA--------->Tell me about it!!!....

Forgot about needing to drop the starter and the front drive shaft to get the bell housing off just to get near it

Reply to
ken

Kinda glad mine was much easier... Just had to take out 2 bolts. 91 K1500. Still a PITA, but only an hour or so.

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

My truck was still leaking today. I cannot find where it's leaking from. Appears to be just ahead of the oil connection on the block. The lines are clean, the oil pan is clean.

once you drive it, oil is everywhere. Not sure what the heck is going on.

Reply to
LS

Oh S**T

Perhaps the gasket is FUBARed?

Suggest 4 jackstands and to run it in place after washing everything clean with carb cleaner

Reply to
ken

I wonder if there is a pinhole in one of the metal portions of the lines. That is where it seems to drip from. Argh!!

Reply to
LS

Aw Crap!

Mine was oozing oil at one of the upper crimps on the hose a few weeks ago. Got a used set of hoses from a later model (self-serve junkyard 20 bucks)..working great now

Needed to pull the side engine mount thru bolt, jack up the engine a bit, pull the radiator shroud, and move the PS pump hoses to do it. Wobble sockets and a long extention helps too..Ken

Reply to
ken