Oil Leak from oil filter

I am hoping somebody can suggest waht is wrong with my car.

There is an oil leak, that looks like its from the oil filter seal, I replace the filter some time ago, but the leak was not cured. Could it be that there is some sort of damage to the metal that it seels against ? How small would the damage be, I could not find any.

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

replace the filter some time ago, but the leak was not cured. Could it be that there is some sort

be, I could not find any.

Do you coat the o-ring seal of the filter with a smear of engine oil or grease before you you fit it?

Is it possible that something else is leaking on to the filter?

type of car???????????????/

replace the filter some time ago, but the leak was not cured. Could it be that there is some sort

be, I could not find any.

Reply to
JK

Perhaps you left the old rubber seal stuck to the car?

Is that froth on your moustache?

Reply to
martin