96 chevy truck oil filter housing

I have a 96 silverado I am going to replace the oil filter housing seal in. My question is does the oil cooler lines that screw into the housing have some sort of seal in them also? Is it just a regular o ring?

Reply to
stryped

James1549

Can I replace the housing without taking the lines off? I went to the dealer today and they acted as If I was bothering them or something. I got the gasket and large o ring for the housing, but not any seals for the oil cooler lines. I have plenty of o rings at home and wondered if they would work for the lines themselves that screw into the housing? I have two bolts on my housing that look like regular socket heads.

This is a 96 4x4 and the front driveshaft seems to be in the way of getting a wrench on those oil cooler line fittings although I have not looked at it too much.

I was go> The oil cooler lines have a specific seal/gasket that is used.

Reply to
stryped

Reply to
eagle3