Mid 90"s S-10 Blazers

I am looking for a mid 90's s-10 blazer for my soon to be 16 year old son. I have heard rumors that s-10 blazers had some tranny problems during some of these years? If anyone has any info on this I would like to hear it. Skippy

Reply to
Doug aka Skippy

This 91 4X4 has 190K and nary a bit of trani problem..BUT did replace the engine due to oil getting past the valve guides and some piston slapin racket at around 160K

PS Of course you do realize that 99.8% of all males kids wreck at least their first, (if not second and third) cars

Reply to
ken

I had two 4 cyl S-10 trucks, same as an Isuzu. I had a '95 for many miles. It had a lot of clutch chatter and bounce until I took the oversize tires off and put on the smaller, recommended tires, I sold it with over 100k and running good. I had a '93 stick shift that I had no clutch or transmission troubles with, and sold it with well over 100k miles, running like a new truck. I think that some of the trouble is that lots of S-10s were used by delivery people and really abused before being bought by second and third owners. They were never meant to have heavy bed caps, and definitely not slide ins, but people still try it. If I were buying a small vehicle for a teenager, I would go with a used Toyota. They run and run and run. Used engines are all over the place.

Reply to
AZ John