motor mount 77 blazer

I was replacing the starter on my blazer today when I noticed that the bolt on the passenger side motor mount was backed out almost all the way. I got after it with a wrench to try and tighten it up but of course the bushing isn't aligned properly and the bolt won't thread. It appears that the bolt is going in too high i.e. the front of the engine needs to drop. I've never screwed around with a motor mount before and so I don't know the best way to manipulate the engine into a position where that bushing inside the mount will line up with the bracket. I'm planning to try putting a jack under the back of the block somehow but I figured I might as well try to see if anybody has any better ideas or tips that could make this process less painful. Am I going to have to unbolt the tranny? Is it even feasible to try to line up a motor mount without having the engine on a hoist? Any advice is much appreciated. -Ledfoot

Reply to
askdjf