Need Help On Radiator Problem

I know this isn't a Nissan group....But I need some suggestions.Back around september,I had a leak in my radiator,so I installed a new one....since the weather turned cold and I'm driving down the road...the temp.guage drops and I lose my heat...When I stop at a light the temp.comes back up and I have heat again....it's a 94 Nissan Altima

2.4...I bleed the system after I installed the radiator.What could be causing this?No problems before then.Thanks for any suggestions! Bobby
Reply to
bobby swift

Still has air in the system.

Reply to
Steve W.

I'll bleed it again and let you know if that solves the problem.Thanks Steve!

Reply to
bobby swift

Back when you had the leaky radiator... did it get low and possibly overheat the engine? I'm wondering if you cooked your thermostat so it doesn't close. Do you have electric fan or mechanical fan? If electric, it's possible the thermostat isn't allowing the engine to maintain heat when you drive, but when stopped and no air flowing through radiator, the temp then comes up.

Reply to
In2hoppn

It was the Thermostat.It now stays 1/3 ON The Guage.It was open on one side...and a lot of crud on it.Thanks for the info everyone! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift