New Stalling Problem

1989 S10 Blazer 4.3L. Under throttle it is fine, but when you start to brake the engine stutters and tries to stall as the engine approaches idle. Any ideas to check out first?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John Manner

Yeah do you have any codes? You could check the EGR and MAP sensors. Also, check to make sure that your fuel intector(s) are working okay at idle. Rich B

Reply to
Rich B

hey i got the same problem with my 88 suburban.... what a pain. you have to let off gas pedal way early and let it coast to stop or it stalls .i need to know some options too . if you hear please email me . greatly appriciated ,kevin snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
kevco

Does it only happen when you brake? I had a bad power booster in my

85 Pontiac that caused the exact same thing. When you stepped on the brake, the booster created a vacuum leak that would kill the engine. Easy test is to plug the vacuum hose to the power booster and see if that helps. You will need both feet to stop the truck though.

Derek

Reply to
derek

Yeah do you have any codes? You could check the EGR and MAP sensors. Also, check to make sure that your fuel intector(s) are working okay at idle. Rich B

No, codes at all. What's even more confusing is the fact that it works fine today. Very random.

hey i got the same problem with my 88 suburban.... what a pain. you have to let off gas pedal way early and let it coast to stop or it stalls .i need to know some options too . if you hear please email me . greatly appriciated ,kevin snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

No, I tried it both ways and it just seemed to be when the engine neared its idle speed that it tried to stall.

Reply to
John Manner

I kind of have the same issue with a 93 suburban. Kinda weird, before the transmission went out (the first time) would stall when stopped at a light or in reverse. Then I got the tranny replaced and it stopped. Then the tranny went out again (gotta love those Chevy trannies) and now it's back to stalling. I'm thinking they jarred something. Might be connected to what you guys are seeing.

Reply to
thegig

Reply to
Old Dog

you most likely have a bad iac (idle air control) valve. it is on the side of the throttle body.

Reply to
pete carb

you're problem was most likely a stuck torque convertor clutch solenoid inside the trans

Reply to
pete carb