no spark

I have a 1989 chevy silverado pickup. Driving home from work one day, the truck died. In the process of troubleshooting, I noticed I had no spark to the plugs. I replaced the wires, plugs, distributor cap, and rotor cap and still have no spark. I am getting fuel since I can smell it accumulating in the carb when I turn the engine over. Any suggestions?

Reply to
sapperleader

Shep

--when that happened to mine it turned out to be a bad coil. Tests for it in the manual are bogus. It tested good according to manual, yet it had a high voltage arc-over internally. Spoke to some mechanics about it since and they mentioned a few failures of the coil they had seen.

Reply to
<byron2323

Reply to
sapperleader via CarKB.com