Noisy Fuel Pump

I have a 99 Sierra (new body style) and the fuel pump is so quiet that I can't hear it at all. At work, we have an old body style '99 GMC 3/4 ton

350c.u. and the pump is so loud, you can hear it a half block away. Is this normal or is the pump on it's way out?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

I had a new pump installed and it's been that loud from the start. Very annoying.

Reply to
LS

Reply to
Brian Prater

I just replace my fuel pump in my '99 Silverado and the new one is totally quiet. now the old one on the other hand... Loud.........................

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

I have a 98 silverado with a load fuel pump as well, I just had it replaced (a little expensive..) and it is still load, anyone come up with a way to dampen this or is it just how the fuel pump is?

Reply to
khmontana