oi cooling linen

I have Chevy Blazer 97 model and just found out that I will need to replace the oil cooling lines. Can someone tell me the steps how to change these and maybe the difference in the cost if having it fixed in a shop.

Reply to
Gunes

Remove the air filter box, this allows you better access to the lines at the rad. Remove the small clips that retain the steel hose ends at the radiator, and remove the hose ends from the rad.

Now, lift up the vehicle, remove the large plastic cover that has the access panel for the oil filter. If you have a skid plate under the front diff, remove it. remove the bolt that retains the upper cooler line and you can slide it out from the bottom. Might as well re-install the new one at this point.

Remove the bolt that holds the lower cooler lines to the oil filter adapter. Remove a small 10mm head bolt that secures a strap around the cooler lines at the oil pan. Now you will need a long 3/8 inch extension (about 30 inches) and a 13mm flex socket. Put the extension between the oil pan and the lines, then reach up with your hand by the adapter at the rear of the block and put your socket on the end of the extension. Now put the socket on the bolt and remove the bolt. The cooler line is loose now and ready to come out...but you will find that the space between the front diff and oil pan is not large enough to get the hose out. Put a large pry bar between the oil pan and front diff and pry the engine over. It will move over on the mounts just enough to slide out the cooler line. Reverse the procedure to get it all back together.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai