Override Montana Headlights???

I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana with automatic headlights.

There are several occasions where we want the damn headlights OFF when the van is running. We want to drive through the Holiday lights in Des Moines with the kids but they do not allow us through with our headlights on.

Does anyone know how to override the darn things??

Lannie

PS Why have a on and off switch and they come on all the time anyway?

Reply to
LS

I don't know how it works for the Montana, but my s10 has a dome overide button next to the headlight switch. I have to press it 4 times in a row to overide the automatic headlights. I'm sure something like is included in the owner manual.

Reply to
JRK
1 click down on the emergency brake pedal may also turn them off

Larry

JRK wrote:

Reply to
Larry

Manual!!??? I have to get that out and read it????

Thanks guys, I'll try the pedal trick. And read the d^&% manual if I have too. :)

Lannie

Reply to
LS

or just pull the fuse that says running lights or simular. old john

Reply to
ajeeperman

With my truck I have the DRLs and the automatic headlights. The e-brake pedal will turn off the DRLs if they are activated, but it will not turn off the headlights if it is dark.

Reply to
JRK

just pull the damn fuse. old john

Reply to
ajeeperman

Pulled the fuse and it works like it should! Enjoyed the Christmas lights. Now I can pick up my kids from class at night with the van running and not blind everyone in line.

Thanks!!

Lannie

Reply to
LS

glad you listened. simple solution right? old john

Reply to
ajeeperman

It was tough to do, but I got it done!! Lannie :)

Reply to
LS

Since you have to turn off your headlights when approaching a military base, there is a way to turn off the headlights when you approach. It's in the manual. However what I remember off the top of my head is the one click (or was it two...) down on the ebrake.

That would of been less work than pulling the fuse...Now that it's a moot point.

Reply to
Renegade Knight