Tranny on a 200 Montana Mvan

I have a 4 year old minivan with about 86,000 km. Just recently I have noticed a problem with the auto transmission. It only happens on start-up; you can hear the vehicle labouring as we drive away...almost whining and there is a very transition when the car changes gears. This has occurred 2X in the past 2 weeks. It appears that I can rectify the problem by stopping the car and turning off the ignition and then on start-up it is fine. Before I eventually take it in for servicing it would be good if someone would be kind enough to maybe shed some light on possible causes and potential solutions.

Thanks for your advice.

-- Karen

Reply to
Doug Mitchell

Pat Coghlan

Thanks for the reply but it is definitely the transmission. Our 2000 Montana doesn't have the trailer package and you feel the jumps as the car changes gears. And when this problem occurs it continues until I turn off the ignition and then, so far, it goes away upon restart.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Mitchell

The tranny on our 2001 Montana packed it in after just 16,000 km (10,000 mi.). We got a new one under warranty.

In our case, it happened after a vacation (family of 7 and lots of gear) through the Mt. Washington area...at least I think that's what triggered it. When they opened it up, the pan was full of shredded metal).

The tranny > Thanks for the reply but it is definitely the transmission. Our 2000 Montana

Reply to
Pat Coghlan