Disabling automatic dipped headlights

I want to disable the automatic dipped headlights on my 850 T5, but pushing in & turning the screw to the right and below the headlights switch, only turns off the small corner lights in front, and the rear lights. I'm still left with dipped headlights on. Any suggestions?

Reply to
barry

Haven't got a clue but some where there's a sensor so a bit of black tape over it might help .Is there any sensor on the mirror its self ?

Reply to
John Robertson

Hi, Barry - - -

Perhaps some added experimentation is in order. The following relates to a '98 V70XC, but may well apply to your 850.

We're dealing with a 3-position switch here:

Vertical slot (within the access hole) - Fully automatic with ignition, headlights and "parking" lights on (factory setting).

Diagonal (upper left to lower right) - as above, but when manual knob is in position for parking lights, headlights are off.

Diagonal (upper right to lower left) - all lights off; controlled by manual knob only.

On our '02 S60AWD, of course, the computer has taken over everything short of steering the car - see your Dealer for reprogramming! A word of warning (or excuse) is that a lot of Delers won't touch factory-set, "safety" settings, so we continue to wait for a truth-telling-time when Volvo will be forced to release more info and give at least those with computers access to this and other resets.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble