Question about stock delco cd player

ok, my 99 Jimmy has a stock delco cd player in it. I was wondering if anyone else has had and experience with this, but when I put in a burnt (homemade) cd, it skips alot. But when I put in a Store bought cd, it works fine, any reason for this? The CD's I use from home arent music cd's they are just plain CDR's

Reply to
Adam

Regardless of player, the most common cause of this is burn speed. Try burning discs at a slower speed.

Reply to
JeffD.

yeah well I though that store bought cds would work, but after it played for about 10 minutes it started skipping again, we have cleaned the unit twice but it still does it.

Reply to
Adam

Greetings,

Try a different brand of CD-R, especially one with a different color data surface. Some are blue, silver, gold, etc. The laser in the player may not have an easy time reading through the surface color of the ones you are using. Best bet is to get music-ready CD-R's with a surface color as close to pre-recorded CD's as possible (white or silver).

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

It dont matter what kind you use, the player just skips anyways, like the cd is extreamly scratched, I've cleaned it and nothing makes it better.

Reply to
Adam