power outlet engine compartment

How much power can i safely draw from the + connectors on the right side of my engine compartment?

Could i connecnt a 200W amplifier to this connectors or should I connect directely to the battery?

Reply to
VLH

1995 blazer
Reply to
VLH

You're always supposed to connect to battery + (B+) when messing with amplifiers. Make sure the wire you use is of sufficient gauge or else you'll see voltage drop at the amp. I'm no expert but I wouldn't go any thinner than 10ga.

You *MUST* fuse this positive wire as close to the battery terminal as humanly possible.

Connect the negative wire to the closest vehicle ground to avoid ground loops.

All of this information should be in the amplifier's manual.

-Steve

Reply to
Tiffany/Steve

Thats exactly what I have done. Just wondered if I would be better off with the other option.

Reply to
VLH

I connected it to the junction block on my 89 k1500 no problems yet three months now

Reply to
Jeff