"QDM"

I have a 4L80E transmission that was staying in 2nd gear. Finally tracked down a DTC 81 that mentioned the 2-3 shift soleniod and the "QDM" as possible faults. Not sure what the "QDM" is or where it it is located. Any help?

Reply to
David Hill

I have a 4L80E transmission that was staying in 2nd gear. Finally tracked down a DTC 81 that mentioned the 2-3 shift soleniod and the "QDM" as possible faults. Not sure what the "QDM" is or where it it is located. Any help?

QDM = Quad Driver Module........... it's inside the computer.

If 2nd gear "fail safe" on the tranny is the ONLY issue the truck has.......then "your" cheapest "guess" is to change out the shift solenoid and see what happens.

There are other tests to narrow the diagnosis, but you don't own the equipment.

so......

change the solenoid.......

that's what the tranny shops gonna try 2nd anyways.

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Reply to
David Hill

OK, so I had the 2-3 solenoid replaced, and the truck still sticks in

2nd now and then. Should I take it to Aamco Transmission next?

~:~ Marsh Monster ~:~ answering the questions asked

Reply to
Marsh Monster