Re: 90 Suburban

I think that is a little high for a 90 Burb. I know of two loaded, almost perfect 2500, 4X4, 5.7, auto, Burb's that were recently sold here. Both had front Bucket seats, with 2d and 3d seats, roof rack, front and rear heat/AC, mileage was close to 65,000 on both. The red '98, was an LS (cloth) with aftermarket lights, aluminum polished spoke wheels, radio/cassette/cd, and on-board GPS for $8500. The blue '97 was an LT (leather), radio/cassette/CD, stock wheels, stock lights for $8150. The paint and chrome was great on both, and although I didn't get under them and check, both looked to have straight bodies, with no sign of being wrecked. The '98 was local NC vehicle and the '97 was a FL vehicle.

I was interested because I have a 98 Burb and both of these were as good looking as mine. I can't say for sure what their mechanical condition was but with the mileage and the way they looked they seem to have been taken care. A white loaded '98 Burb with 32,000 miles on it, sold for 15,500.

But there is no way in Hell I would take less the $15000 for mine.

Reply to
Diamond Jim

I've owned a '90 Suburban 1500 since 1997. Check inside the rear wheel wells for rust and holes and also look under the tailgate at the rear sill. My rear sill was packed with mud and when I began removing the mud, the rear sill fell apart (cost $1200 to replace). The alternator has a habit of burning up bearings (because the alterntor overheats) but basically, nothing unusual under the hood. I've had very few serious problems with mine and after 182,000 miles, it runs very strong (it had 87,000 miles on the odo when I bought it). The truck holds scads of cargo and I plan to keep it until some crazed female totals it (that's what usually causes me to get rid of a vehicle).

Just do a thorough check underneath for rust holes on the insides of the rocker panels, fender wells and rear sill. If the truck runs well nd has no problems with rust, go for it (but I also think the price is a bit steep because the book on it is around $2300)

Rich B

Depends how bad you want it. I got my '90 GMC FS Jimmy down from 5K to 4.3K and took it because of low rot. Again, look at rear sill. Look along rockers, inside & out. Look inside all wheel wells. Look where the fire wall meets the floor, look in the corners of the 6" rise just behind the seats.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ