toyota highlander RCA connection

Anyone know if there is access to rca input jacks on the factory stereo of a 2003 Toyota Highlander?

I have never done this before, but would like to just plug in my mp3 player. I don't need to access it through the stereo (unless it's easy) so RCA jacks would be fine.

THanks

Luke

Reply to
luke

no OE stereos have RCA's only aftermarket stereos do

Reply to
I'm Right

Well, there IS usually an 'option' connector used for factory equalizers (Hey! Both my '85 Celica and my '88 Supra have EQs!!!) or an optional cassette player on radios, or a CD player or Radio/Cassettes. Whether or not it's still there???? And I have NO idea which pins you would want to access for an input...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks to both of you for the input. Is there any place to look up which connections are available in the back before I start digging? I find very little at toyota.com. It seems that there would be some type of AUX connector that I've seen in other forums...

Luke

Reply to
luke

There are cassette deck adaptors that will allow for playing MP3's thru the stereo. I believe it uses standard 1/8" stereo jack. You can probably get an adaptor to RCA type plug.

Reply to
ron

Or you can get a modulator that will send out an FM signal just strong enough for your radio to pick it up.

I wish I had a better answer for the pinout of the accessory connector. Try Googling it...

Reply to
hachiroku

Try Crutchfield - they are pretty good with audio wiring diagrams and adapters.

As far as a connector for MP3's, AFAIK, only the Scion in the Toyota family has factory connectors for MP3's.

Reply to
Ray O

Good idea. I have also found out that there are TOY03-AUX adapters available that convert the auxillary to RCA.

Luke

Reply to
luke