Re: 97 Blazer hard to start

I have a 97 Blazer 4x4 and it's showing similar symptoms. I go in to it in the morning to start. It cranks and cranks. Turn key off then try to start again, fires right up. Drives great, no hesitation, cutting out or lack of power in any way. Took it to a dealer and they couldn't get it to duplicate until the last minute on a Saturday. They said it was the fuel pump, which needs a minimum of 50psi to start, was at 45 psi. I decided to wait because I didn't think it was the pump. After a week or so, symptoms disappeared. Turn the key and fires right up. This went on for a couple weeks and then back to the crank crank, turn key off, try again and fires right up. I think it may be electrical somewhere or the fuel injectors. The dealer did say the injectors were fine, had a recall so I asked them to check that. Any ideas on why this 97 Blazer has a hard time starting, at times, and has no ill affect on the performance? Thanks..

Reply to
Cowboy08