Re: Electric fuel pumps suck.

I have never seen so many posts,here,or anywhere else,about S-10`s. I guess they must be junk!

1/4 Mile Junkies
Reply to
Bill S

nope, there popular

Reply to
Eugene

& junk

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Popular junk?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Most people that own them run them hard and use them hard and never have a problem. My 88 would have went to 200k or more if it weren't for getting a hole in the radiator and overheating.

Reply to
Eugene

My 88 is at 147 and the ENGINE is indestructible. I've driven it for about

20 minutes without the serp belt, used to burn rubber all the time, and drove it at 75MPH in 2/3 gear ( manual) every oncst in a whilst. But everything electric breaks on demand (who's demand I know not). - dun like 'em.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I'd agree with that.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Indestructible???? Let me have it for a few day`s! LOL!!!!

1/4 Mile Junkies
Reply to
Bill S

I'm on number 5 (4 S-10s + 1 Sonoma)... I've alwayse bought them pretty old and beat them pretty hard. The 96 Sonoma is running great at 180K mi (bought it with 163K). The pre 87 (3 of them) weren't very powerful, and pulling a full load were maxed at 35mph on the highway. My 88 w/ a 1000 lbs load pulled

80 on the toughest hills (ie: Windser NY there's a 3 mile hill) - the fuel injection made all the differnece for the sake of power (in the
Reply to
Elliott

First I meant 152 when I said 147, whatever that is. The 'iron horse' or 'iron four' is a nice little engine. I know that when we had about an 800lb load in the bed with paving stones a while back, we had no problem keeping up with traffic on the highway on I93 in the 'shire.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

must be like junk food.. they sell tons of it.. *g*

Mac

Reply to
mac davis