Re: Stereo removel on 1991 and 1995 S-10 Blazer?

I thought that might be the case. Just didn't want to say so if it >wasn't...

Actually the 91 has an after market stereo with a dash kit installed. So I can use the stereo without the dash kit? I thought all GMs were din 1.5? Anyway this unit is yer typical din 1. Hopefully GM did not change the wire harness. Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

Regards Mike

Reply to
mfell2112,nospam*

Actually, the wiring harness is probably the problem. It's not expensive to buy a new wiring adapter though...

Reply to
Mike Levy

assuming there's an aftermarket harness adaptor in the 91, the harness will be the same. the only difference is that you'll need a new dash kit. also watch out for the hazard switch on the 95, they break easily when pulling off the dashpanel, and are normally $3-400 to replace depending on vehicle options dan

Reply to
overkil_customs

Would need a new car-side adaptor for the harness. The 91 and 95 are different body style trucks, with different wiring harnesses.

About the Hazard switch, someone has posted the fix over at

and it involves buying the switch, pullingthe old one out rhough the hole and pushing the new one in, about 5mins. of work and can be done with only a pair of pliers.

Reply to
Mike Levy