Remote entry

The battery went dead in remote entry key fob for 1998 Jimmy. I waited several weeks to replace battery, now it won't work. Is there a limit to how long the security codes are stored or some other reasonable explanation before I buy a replacement?

Reply to
Robert Ball

Look in the instructions:

Or call the 1-800 number in the instruction manual. There is a procedure to reset the fob to the unit, otherwise everyone could open everyone else's car. That's how you program a new remote when one is lost.

I haven't done an install in more than a year, plus don't know your brand, otherwise I could assist you. Even though it's against my better judgment on an open news group. You can buy remotes like candy now!

Refinish King

PS I just ordered a bunch of remotes that are universal for my lockout kit, let's see someone say you can't get my key's out, there's an alarm! LOL

Reply to
Refinish King

Stand next to the truck, after replacing the battery. Hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob. You should get some indication from the truck that the remote has been re-synchronized with the truck.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Mine says to just press the unlock button 'til it works....

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

my 2000 says hold lock and unlock at same time, standing by drivers door with door open

Reply to
Charles H.

Mine's not stock, it's a 1990 too...

~KJ/TLGM