SEL Seems to be posessed!

2002, Blazer, 4.3, auto, Tahoe trim.

Strange SEL light, It ONLY comes on when the vehicle is full of fuel, while ascending ONE local hill near Little Falls. No other hills seem to trip it and nothing else has ever turned it on. NO Codes set and no pending. Light stays on for 5 drive cycles and clears itself.

What I think may be happening is that this hill is a long climb and maybe the fuel is backing into the fill tube and getting drawn into the vent due to the higher vacuum at the time. I just don't get why it isn't showing any related codes. Anyone have a suggestion?

Reply to
Steve W.

The light comes on but there are no codes? That sounds odd, but it's the second time I've heard that this week. I would like to see why there are no codes investigated a little further. Did you check for codes while the light was still on or just after it came on? I know some codes will clear themselves from history after so many drive cycles, so did you check them right away?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

"Steve W."

If the light comes on and there are no present or history codes.....first thing I would do is check for any software updates. The only problems we encounter with "no" codes and service lights coming on are almost always related to software updates.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks Ian, I'll have to beat on the local dealer and see what they have listed for the beast. Hope Santa brings you some nice toys.

Steve Williams Near Cooperstown, New York Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all. (If this offends you, Live with it.)

Reply to
Steve W.

Yep, has me wondering what's up. Plan on seeing what GM has in new software. Might try out the new toy Santa brought me and see if there is some glitch in the sensors. New laptop running Autotap.

Steve Williams Near Cooperstown, New York Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all. (If this offends you, Live with it.)

Reply to
Steve W.

I hope you know them well, otherwise it will cost you money just get it scanned and checked. Unless you are still under some sort of applicable warranty.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Sounds like my old blazer.....that light used to drive me nuts!

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv