socket size

Anyone know what size socket is required for removing of the rotor on a '97 K3500???

Thanks,

Reply to
scott

Elbert

you're right for 1500's and some 2500's. on the one ton's the rotor is pressed onto the hub.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Yes, you are right.....

looking at my 92 truck manual it looks like the k3500 (on the 92 model) has some "rotor retaining bolts) that hold the rotor to the hub. So you have to remove what looks like 4 bolts on the inside of the spindle that hold the rotor to the hub. The manual does not say what size these bolts are. It does refer to using a puller to separate the rotor from the hub. So its more of a pain in the ass.... :)

Looking at the manual the 1500 and 2500 series appear to be the same while the 3500 has some differences. Thanks for letting me know.

I don't know what differences may apply between the 1992 year model and the 1997 year model the first guy asked about.

I was mistaken in my first reply......sorry about that.

Elbert

Reply to
Elbert

Reply to
scott
36mm socket will remove the nut on the axle to rotor, then you will need a 15mm to remove 4 bolts on the backside of the spindle to remove the hub bearing and rotor assembly. I use a torx 30 screwdriver to remove the screw that holds the speed sensor to the hub bearing.
Reply to
WBucha