sorry about the tachometer questions but heres one more

sorry about this guys but i just found out that my dad had to make the wires longer so he added different wires. the wires are black,red,white,and green. there is also a blue by itself but thats a ground for the light and the white with the black stripe is the power for the light. does anyone else know what the

4 wires go to?

thanx again for the help(don't get mad at me doc lol)

Reply to
sockfootball21

wires longer so he added different wires. the wires are black,red,white,and green. there is also a blue by itself but thats a ground for the light and the white with the black stripe is the power for the light. does anyone else know what the 4 wires go to?

Black--> ground Red--> +12V ignition/ACC--> wire to a power source that is switched on with your key White--> +12V switched/lights-->wire to power source that is switched on with your headlights Green--> negative side/tach terminal on ignition coil

To simplify, I'd just wire the red and white together (so what, the tach light is always on, big deal) to a +12V ign/ACC as it saves some headache underneath the dash...............

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Black - Ground Red - Ignition White - Dash Lights Green - Negative Side of coil

--

---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website:

wires longer so he added different wires. the wires are black,red,white,and green. there is also a blue by itself but thats a ground for the light and the white with the black stripe is the power for the light. does anyone else know what the 4 wires go to?

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez