Help Wiring stereo 1990 740 SE

Can anyone please help identify the wires I need to connect my stereo, I cant figure out which ones are for the speeakers, there seems to be two sets of cables, the first lot are thin and are coloured , black, blue, white, yellow, red, green, and have copper wiring sheath around them, the thicker wires are as follows green/grey, yellow/white, green/red, blue, white, orange, black x2, I can power up my stereo but cant work out how to wire the speakers, whoever removed the original stereo also removed all the connectors, so I just have lots of messy cables....thanx in advance for any advice....

Reply to
dickson1

Black is generally ground, often Volvo uses 2 wires each for ground and power.

Follow that lot of thin wires down to the amplifier (usually near the steering column), there you will find all the speaker wires.

Mike F