Speaker Replacement

truck is a 2000 chevy z71 extended cab. speakers needing replacing, front door speakers.

1) what size are they? i have the separate tweeters. 2) how do i get door panels off? 3) what do you all suggest? 4) any special tools needed to remove panels?

thanks for the help.

i had all this info printed out before, but lost it.

also i will down the lone be replacing the extended cab speakers how do i get to them? if you have pics on how to that would be great too.

thanks again.

Reply to
Charles H.

check out

-- even if you don't buy from them, you'll find your answers there for size etc. If you do buy from them they'll give you detailed instructions on how to do the replacement. They have excellent info and fantastic customer service. The drawback is they are not the lowest price available on most things.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

forgot bout them, thanks chris

Reply to
Charles H.

My 2000 Z71 Silverado has the premium sound package. The main speakers in the door are 6.5" the tweeters I left alone, I don't know what size they are. The rears were 4x6" ovals. I cut out the holes and put 6.5" speakers back there as well. I went the cheap route and put Rockford Fosgates in there. The head unit is the original. I got a significant improvement in sound quality for only $150 dollars and a little time.

The front door panels are easy to remove. There are a couple of screws in the handrest. Remove them and the whole panel will lift up and off. Do things slowly just in case. Once you have the panel free you'll need to disconnect any wiring. The suicide doors are a little harder you'll need to remove the screw in the cupholder and in the door pull. Then you'll need a shove knife or similar tool to pry the clips from the door. Again, be patient and go slow. I was a little too aggressive and broke one of the clips when removing the panel. The stock speakers in all of the doors are easily removed as they are held in by clips. If you're upgrading you'll need to put new terminals on the wires and drill holes for the screws. Also, if your magnets are too large you'll have to make a spacer for the rear door speakers as they'll hit the door skin. If you need wiring specs I can send those to you later. I'll have to relook them up.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

thanks rich that helps alot