Steering

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Avalanche. When I turn the wheel to the right or left I hear this loud noise coming from under the truck. The dealer said to me his "mechanic" didn't hear this "noise". I have been to the dealer twice already. Now I am going to take him for a ride and listen to the "noise" it makes while turning the wheel. My question is this, does anyone know what cold be making this "grinding" noise when I turn the wheel? The truck is only a year old!

Thanks in advance, Bill

Ps. I now call my truck "a pebble",not "a rock". It's been in the dealers garage too many times!!!

Reply to
Bill G.

"Bill G." wrote

This is your smartest move....you need to demonstrate the noise. Often what you hear and think is abnormal, the tech hears and see's nothing wrong with. Or perhaps, it doesn't make the noise when the tech road tests it. I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but the tech in many dealerships gets paid "nothing" to road test a vehicle. So they aren't going to spend 1/2 an hour running the vehicle up and down the road trying to get it to make the noise. I personally will not spend more then 10 minutes attempting to confirm a complaint. After that, it gets passed on to a foreman who "actually gets paid" to go and road test it all over hell's half acre. That's flat rate for ya.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai