Tire lettering in or out?

I have a stupid question and will probably be flamed forever, but here goes. I am in the need for some tires and I plan to go with either the Dunlop M/Ts or the BFG M/Ts (285/75/R16) for my 2000 basically stock silverado ext cab z71. I have in the past put the white tire lettering on the outside (visible) on other vehicles and it looked really sharp. Unfortunately, it was a smaller truck and the look seemed to 'fit.' So what do you guys do? White lettering in or out on your full size P/Us?

TIA, Derek

Reply to
derek

Which looks better to you?

My Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper in the USA, and yes I know it's not a chev, Does GM count?) has Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts with the white lettering out. soon to get Kumhos, also with the white lettering out.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

When I put the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's on my last truck I had them put on white lettering out.. There is a dodge (eww) that lives a few blocks from me with the same tires, and his are installed with the white lettering in.. I personally like the look of them out.. if yer gonna spend all that money on tires.. you mine as well let people know what you got.. lol :)

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Myself, I like the white lettering in. I tend to go for the subtle look.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

to each there own. i have my white lettering out so you can see it. truck is a 2000 z71 extended cab

Reply to
Charles H.

I've got 33" Dunlop's on my 1994 Silverado, white lettering out.

-NW

Reply to
NetWeasel

If you want blackwall tires, that's what you should buy. White letter tires turned in, look goofy, IMO.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Reply to
KenG

Agreed. Doesn't the z71 sit pretty high above the tires? I think there's a good chance you'll be able to see lettering at one angle or another if you tuck 'em in.

My neighbor's z71 has white letters facing out.. it didn't strike me as unappealing.. but at the same time I often wear grey and brown to work, so whadda I know? :-)

-Steve

Reply to
Tiffany/Steve

Reply to
Roger A. Johnson

Do you scrape the curbs alot? If not white letters out. ;)

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

depends on what you like... if you turn em in, you're the only one that will know...

the one's on my dakota are out but i'm not as good as getting around to cleaning/re-whiting them as i used to, so they'd prob look better in....

Reply to
mac davis

This ole Dodge owner sticks his nose in here and the Ford group just because I have an interest in trucks. They all have their good points, they all have their problem areas. Is any one better than the others?? Dunno. That arguement has been going on for decades.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

With the letters out the truck (IMO) will look sharper and more sporty but you will have to keep 'em clean! With 'em in, the tires look bigger on SOME trucks and sometimes it gives a cleaner appearance. It all boils down to what YOU want and what YOU like. Unless your a follower, then just do what your told...lol

Reply to
Shades

i subscribed when my kid left me his lil blazer with a leaking remote oil filter... the folks here were so cool that i just sort of hang here for the general info... (a lot of the discussion in these groups is pretty generic)

Reply to
mac davis

Do you have a pic? Since we have the same truck, that is probably what I am going to do.

Thanks, Derek

Reply to
derek

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am going to turn them out and if they look stupid, pay the $40 to turn them around. Thanks again.

Derek

Reply to
derek

Yes and no. Like there are some years I wouldn't buy a dodge, or ford, and since I like chevy I just put up with those problem years, before they adopted japanese quality control measures. Now I'd have to say, who's looks do you like? I think they all look the same now. :-)

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Don't know if it is because of this but I saw some tires with the white walls in, and they had very DEEP very WEIRD pocketing, DOWN TO THE STEEL BELTS Front wheel drive, dodge mini van Put new ones on, letters out.... no problems thus far.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

As far as looks alone, the '94-'01 Dodge is my favorite followed by the '00 bodystyle Chevy/GMC and the Superduty Ford. The ugliest has to be the F-150 and the new Dodges followed by the new Chevy/GMC with those cute little slanted headlights. I imagine this will get a lot of shit rolling! A good friend of mine would not be seen in anything other than a Ford, most of my family drives Chevy and I have my Dodge. All have their good points and bad. All I can say is that they all come sucking up to me when it snows and I put the blade on!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny