Tornado Fuel Saver

Anyone ever use one of these things and if so, do they work? Any comments good are bad would be appreciated before I buy one.

JustMe

Junk......Stay away.....................

Reply to
Old Hippy

Just the typical gulliblity scam. Same catagory as magenets for your fuel lines. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
rmk700

Thank god for you guys, I was actually wanting to buy one but never really knew anyone that had them

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Yea...Ya don't wanna upset the in-laws...

Reply to
Shades

You mean I'M the ONLY one here to have gotten a 75% increase on my gas mileage since installing the Tornado?

You don't suppose it has something to do with the fact that my truck only runs 1/4 of the time now, do you?

:-)

Reply to
JLarsson

If you got a 75% increase in gas milage, I believe it has more to do with the fact that you must have switched from driving a dump truck to a mini cooper at the same time, and installing the Tornado was just a coincidence.

Reply to
websurfer

More snake oil gimmicks, everyone wants in on the act.

Reply to
LARRY929

Find a copy of the September 2005 issue of Popular Mechanics. They did a test of a bunch of the "fuel saving" devices. The cover says it all, "Bogus MPG Gadgets" The inside article is titled "Looking for Miracle" On page 104. They tested the Tornado, Intake Twister, Fuel Optimiser, Electronic Engine Fuel Saver, Fuel Atomizer2000, and Aqua Tune. Bottom line on all of them was that they didn't save any fuel and in three cases they caused a drop in mileage and two instances they caused engine damage.

the article

Steve W.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl
75% increase? That would give my 2500 HD 6.0 about 20+city and 25+hwy. LOL! Not a chance in hell. If they really worked that well,the price would be out of this world.
Reply to
Bill

I guess I should have made the "smiley" bigger. :) :) :)

No, I doubt the Tornado or any other "gadgets" out there will do much good for modern fine-tuned engines.

JLarsson

Reply to
JLarsson

Please tell me OP is not this stupid to believe this thing actually works?

Reply to
burntkat

It is just "snake oil" for those that want to believe there is a magic fix.

Reply to
TheSnoMan