Trannsmission service

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to service the automatic tranny on 93 Silverado? I have a small click when it shifts into 3rd. (drive) Also, in OD, it seems to hummmm a little and vibrates the truck a bit...

Thanks!

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

Trannsmission service Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Nov 15, 2003, 6:34pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@crooked-ridez.com (Crooked-Ridez) Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to service the automatic tranny on 93 Silverado? I have a small click when it shifts into 3rd. (drive) Also, in OD, it seems to hummmm a little and vibrates the truck a bit... Thanks!

Are you sure the problems in your tranny and not your driveshaft ,Axle ,or wheel bearing? Sounds to me with your last post you need to take a look at your rearend...First....But it could be in your tranny.. Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

Sounds like the slip yoke is cracked or a simple universal. You generally will not get a vibration from something internal to a transmission. Give your local dealer a call and ask for the shop forman. Ask him if he knows of a good trans shop. He probably will say we can do the job but honestly tell him you can't afford it and need it done as inexpensively as possible. Now a days most people can cope with this idea. A lot of dealers will farm out rebuilds to local shops when they are overloaded; so they tend to know the good shops in the area.

good luck, mark

Reply to
rock_doctor

generally a 'hmmmm' in 3rd or 4th occurs when the TC clutch engages and you no longer have the fluid coupling between engine and transmission.....sounds like a motor mount is collapsed and you have metal-metal contact

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Thanks, I'll have to see what the tranny shop says, as I don't play with that kinda thing.

Hopefully, it's not to involved and expensive.

transmission.....sounds

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez