4 wheel drive won't engage 97 2500 silverado

My 4 wheel drive won't engage anymore, the light on the push button just blinks. I can hear it clunk when I push it, and when I try 4 lo, the tranny shifts into low range, but the lamp just blinks and the front drive doesn't engage. Any suggestions? It worked one day, and the next day it quit. Also any opinions on which repair manual is the best for this truck?

97 Silverado 454 Automatic 2500.
Reply to
shastapat

ronlin