eurovan

No experience with the EV transmission specifically but the symptoms you describe sound like it's low on fluid. Check the fluid level and add as needed but be careful to not over-fill. However, transmissions usually don't need regular top-ups so if it is low you probably have a leak that needs attention.

Reply to
Matt B.

Anybody have any experience with the Automatic trans, from a 93 eurovan? Today mine started doing weird things. You start driving, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, then it shifts back to 2nd, then 3rd, then slams into OD. Any help????

Shawn in NY

Reply to
shawn in NY

I've got a 93 EV with auto trans. Several things you should check after fluid. Vacume hoses, including the one to the ECM (engine control module) over by the battery, replace them all. Even when they look good they can be bad. then check the operation of the throttle position sensor, it's there for the transmission. Make sure your engine is running correctly! Mine was not because the vacume line at the ecm that looked good was actually bad!. A vag-com setup told me I had a error and after checking the bently for the code it told me "vacume line or ECV". If not already done, you may want to change the trans fluid and filter, it's a easy job. When refilling, the proper procedure is to hook vag-com or other device and moniter the transmission fluid temperature untill it reaches a certain point. Then check and add as needed. IT"S NOT at full operating temperature!!! That overfills it and that's not good.

Joe R.

Reply to
Joe R