Trans Fluid Blow out

The transmission went bad. Bought a used one and had it put in. It worked for a few days and then started hard shifting. The dealer said to add an additive. That seemed to do the trick about the shifting. About a month or so later, it wouldn't pull itself up the hill. Finally got it to go home. The dealer put in another used one. Started home with it and within a few miles it started to rev up like a clutch was being pushed in. Stopped and checked the oil and it didn't show any on the stick. Took it back to the dealer (who had already closed for the day) to leave it to be checked out. After I shut off the truck, I decided to check the fluid again and when I pulled out the dipstick he fluid gushed out of the fill pipe, and got on the exhuast pipe and caught on fire. We quickly got it put out. The dealer put in another tranny and the oil gushed out again on that one. The dealer then got that fixed.

What caused the fluid to gush out the fill tube?

Reply to
Jerry Brandt

pluigged cooler in the radiator

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

. . or an extremely hot running vehical......

you haven't had any drips under this thing, other than the fluid out the tube??

scrib abell ~wonders why it ain't coming out the vent tube~~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary=A0Glaenzer)

[...]

Scrib Abell

Are you paying for these 5-6 fixes, or was it in warranty? I don't like the sounds of this 'dealer'

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' 305CUI TH700R4 NP203 K5 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

anytime a vehicle eats 3 or more units with no 'apparent' problem, I find the cooler plugged solid with debris from the first explosion

you haven't had any drips under this thing, other than the fluid out the tube??

scrib abell ~wonders why it ain't coming out the vent tube~~ ======== ========= snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary Glaenzer)

[...]

. . . . Oct 27, 2003, 8:38pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary=A0Glaenzer)

anytime a vehicle eats 3 or more units with no 'apparent' problem, I find the cooler plugged solid with debris from the first explosion =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Agreed, but it usually is acompanied by front seal explosion or puking out the vent tube from the heat.

I'm with KJ on this one......I would be questioning the dealers abilities.

USED Units ????

scrib ~:~

Reply to
Scrib Abell

anytime a vehicle eats 3 or more units with no 'apparent' problem, I find the cooler plugged solid with debris from the first explosion ======= =======

Agreed, but it usually is acompanied by front seal explosion or puking out the vent tube from the heat.

I'm with KJ on this one......I would be questioning the dealers abilities.

USED Units ????

==============

Yay, someone is with me. My guess was; he paid for the original fix so he went with what his pockets could (probably not) bear. Afterwards, my guess is like a 30second 2.4mile warranty that he was still within. Either that or he is confusing "used" with "recondition/renewed/rebuilt"

Well OP?

==============

scrib ~:~

Reply to
KJ

===== ===== Oct 27, 2003, 8:38pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary Glaenzer)

anytime a vehicle eats 3 or more units with no 'apparent' problem, I find the cooler plugged solid with debris from the first explosion ======= ======= Scrib wrote....

Agreed, but it usually is acompanied by front seal explosion or puking out the vent tube from the heat.

I'm with KJ on this one......I would be questioning the dealers abilities.

USED Units ???? ============== Yay, someone is with me.

My guess was; he paid for the original fix so he went with what his pockets could (probably not) bear.

Afterwards, my guess is like a 30second 2.4mile warranty that he was still within. Either that or he is confusing "used" with "recondition/renewed/rebuilt"

i wuz talk'n to Scirb over a glass last night, and he said that the second he hit the send button on that reply.......he realized the dude never said that he was dealing with a ... "New Car Dealership"......lmao....

we got to joking about Afghanny Used Car Lots.....they're quite prevelant here in Pensacola.....must be at least 10 of them...

and this fix sounds jest like their style...

lmao....

any whoo.......i'm on boat with this one... he's gett'n the screws turned on him.

marshmonster ~gives the monkey another beer~ ========== ==========

Reply to
Marsh Monster