Trouble Code P0125

I just got this code scanned to find out it is "Insufficient Coolant Temp.for Closed Loop Fuel Control." What do I need to do to fix this? I?ve been having a problem lately with coolant "disappearing." Could this be related? My local radiator shop couldnt find the leak anywhere. The Service Engine light just came on two days ago but ive had the coolant leak problem for several months. Any ideas whats going on? Thanks

Reply to
dirtk38

Year, make, model, engine, mileage???????????????

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

You need a different radiator shop. There's only 3 places for coolant to go. It can leak out on the ground, get into the oil pan, or go through the exhaust.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

George

Sorry i thought i had put that in the subject. I?ve got a ?98 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 with about 107,000. The shop i took it to did a pressure test on the coolant system and it didnt show a pressure drop. They crawled all over the engine and didnt see anything. They took the plate off the bottom of the radiator to look around and still didnt see anything. Today was the first time Ive actually seen small pools of antifreeze under the car in the driveway. There were two spots, both passenger side, one just even with the back of the tire, the other another foot and a half back. Anyway, I hope that all helps. Should I be worried about driving it? Temperature guage doesnt show any overheating and the engine doesnt appear to run/smell any differently. Thanks for your time.

Reply to
dirtk38

Intake manifold gaskets most likely. Super common problem with this engine, and at 107K it's about due.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

take a good look at the heater hoses too. sometimes a leak in one of them is hard to spot. Then when its all fixed and that code comes back.....change the t-stat, its probably stuck open.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman