Truck Bed Accessories?

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a truck and just wanted to plan ahead so that I can take full advantage of its capabilities. For my needs, I'd like a covered truck bed (dry and secure) that has easy access to its contents. However, there are times when having an open bed would come in handy for moving bulky items.

There was a product shown at

which allowed for easy removal of a cap from a truck bed. The site used to have information posted on it, but now appears to be "Under Construction" for quite some time now. Does anyone here have any feedback or info on the product or its status? Any similar ones out there?

In trying to find a similar product, I found Bedslides at

but they only allow for easy access to the contents inside the truck cap and not removal of it. Not a bad idea though.

I've also seen the hard fiberglass Tonneau covers and spoken to a few owners from time to time and they tell me that they are secure, and yet also easily removed. One of those may be a possible alternative to look at as well. Any pros or cons?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply here.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

Check this out-

syoung

You can pick almost anything - tonneau cover or full shell - and rig up a simple rope and pulley lift in the garage to remove and store it up near the ceiling.

A former employer had a fiberglass tonneau, and it came off, but not that easily. A three person job - two to lift the cover to a high angle, one to maneuver the hinge hooks out of or back into the hoops.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I have a full topper on my truck.... I have been very happy with it...even for hauling larget stuff like furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps. I did get mine custom built so I had the pass through from the cab to the topper, side access tool box on the driver side, top rack, insulation and carpet, and a bunch of other goodies...including color match. If I have to haul anything over 48" high, I have a utility trailer that works just fine. here's a link to pics

's a link to the manufacturer.... I have the MX series cap

Noon-Air