Truck is pulling

This past weekend I backed out of a parking spot by turn the wheels all the way to the right and went 180 degrees and then to an abrupt stop. Since then, everytime I brake, the tires pull to the right. It didn't seem to do this beforehand. If I brake really hard it pulls to the right and the left or sometimes just fine. Anyone have a clue as to what it might be? Thought maybe something related to the brakes or maybe even a tie-rod end. Appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks much.

Reply to
Mark G.

Should also add that this is in an '85 K5 Blazer with a 6.2L diesel.

Reply to
Mark G.

Can anyone help or comment on this for me? Would appreciate it. Thanks much.

Reply to
Mark G.

Reply to
Steve Taliaferro

Actually, I had that replaced today and it still does it. The mechanic recommended that I go have a frame and axle shop down the way of which I haven't had a chance to do yet. But before replacing that brake hose, we looked at the whole front end and couldn't see anything that would cause this. The tie-rod ends were good, linkage, ball joints, you name it. All was tight. This mechanic is not easily stumped. So any ideas with this new info?

Reply to
Mark G.

--------

Frame shouldn't have anything to do with it. If it drives strait, then pulls only when applying the brakes, then bingo... brake problem. Along with checking that flex line, also check the thickness of the brake pads. You might have a caliper hanging up, causing uneven pad wear. Check all the hard lines going to the left side also.

My bet is on the pads.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Both pads looked even with still about 20% left on them. While the mechanic was the one doing this (and he is also a friend so I trust him), when he had to bleed the left brake after replacing that hose, he said that the caliper was reacting just like it should. This is why we are both not sure what else it could be as everything that we could think of from the front end stuff to the braking system has been looked at and whatnot. There is a possibility that something could have been forgotten. Any other suggestions or ideas? Thanks much.

Reply to
Mark G.

It's quite possible that:

Your back brakes are causing the problem. Look for a twisted wheel cylinder, a spring that popped off of the pin, something on one of the back brakes can cause the front to pull on a heavier vehicle.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish_King1