volt meter

i have a 1999 chevy silverado w/6.0 liter and when the engine is cold the voltmeter will drop and the light will dim when ever i accelerate or press the gas pedal. this only happens when the engine is cold. any advice?

Reply to
ERIC BULLION

First I would check the condition of the serpentine belt and the belt tensioner. Then if that's OK I'd get the alternator tested.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Your Battery is Getting WEAK Have it LOAD TESTED ..

ERIC BULLI> i have a 1999 chevy silverado w/6.0 liter and when the engine is cold the

Reply to
Santa

Measure the voltage with a good digital meter at the same time.

Reply to
Rich

I agree with this one...Sounds like the belt/pulleys might be glazed or the alt. might be getting weak. Maybe a stuck tensioner? The battery replies are a good follow up if everything else checks out.

Reply to
Shades