changing climate controls

I have a 2004 tahoe w/ the standard dual climate controll (two dials for fan speed and vent placement, and two sliders for driver and passenger temperature) I also have the over head control for the rear cabin. My Grandpa just purchased a 2004 silverado ext cab w/ the fancey dual climate control (two dials for temp alot of digital stuff). He hates it and would rather have my more baic type controlls.

My question for all you guys is (and ladies)is it just as simple as flip flopping the two consoles, or is there a logistical night-mare of sensors and so forth that go with the fancy climate controll console? Your input is greatly appreciated!!

matt

Reply to
godfather55v

Sounds like one truck has maual A/C while the other has electronic controls. It would not make sense to even try to swap this out, at least that's my perspective. I believe there would be far more to it than just chainging the controls you see on the control head.

Reply to
Elbert