Why do 350 chevy's miss?

I have my truck and I need some things to go over to check and see why its missing. I need the most obvious first. Its a rebuild and I am getting some missing.

Also How do you set the air/fuel mix? Should I turn it out turn and a half first then set the idle? How do I set the fast idle cam too.

Reply to
D.L. Man

Is it a 67 or 05? Would help to know what your talking about...

Al

Reply to
Big Al

'79 blazer 350 4x4 full size, automatic. Sorry I left that out.

Reply to
D.L. Man

yeah, the year is just a bit important.

now, some more questions:

"some things"... what things? what are you calling "The most obvious" that you need checked first. Why haven't you checked them yourself? I would first off test out your plug wires. Are they properly secured . Are they Accel brand? Rip 'em out and replace with MSD or even a decent parts-store brand. Sorry, Accel's wires SUCK.

Can't help you on the carby- I' mstrictly an EFI guy, unless it's a 8th scale race car.....

Reply to
burntkat

I forgot what to check. I think I have learn to much and I am forgetting old stuff.

I would first off test out your

I didn't check that. I will though.

Are they Accel

Double silicone I think.

Sell out. Just kidding. I turned the idle up to where it will idle and then I turned the airfuel all the way down and turned them out 3/4 turn and the idle was real high. I turned down the idle somemore. I set the fast idle cam too. I didn't set the throttle to high.

Reply to
D.L. Man

DL-- seems we have the same problems, re: forgetting stuff. Every time I go shopping with the wife or go to the parts store I have to waste 15 minutes wondering what the hell I'm there for....

the info re: the wires

Reply to
burntkat

What does it tell you?

I checked the wires and now I am not getting it while idling. But when I drive to a light and stop I can feel it.

Reply to
D.L. Man

Yes wires, plugs and dist cap for starters.

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks snowman. But what should I look for? Clean and gap the plugs. Clena the distributor cap and rotor if needed. Check the plug wires to see they are routed out of the way from everything. Does that sound about right?

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

D.L. Man