brake controller

I have a 99 silverado with the factory tow package. I'm installing a Hopkins brake controller (47225 - the cheap one!) I have power to the unit, but I don't have power on the brake wire. At the brake switch, the wires go straight into a wrapped bundle. Its hard to even see them. Is there an easy access to the white wire from the brake switch? The trailer provision is just a couple inches from the switch itself but if someone knows where else it goes, I might find an easier way to tap into it.

Reply to
George

If it is anything like my 2000, there is a wire with a round metal grommet taped to the wire bundle just below the main fuse box in the engine compartment. I had to cut the tape holding the blue wire, and route it to the power post in the fuse box. You will need a metric nut to secure it.

Reply to
Bill

This should help.

Bill