1999 3.2 TL problem

In the last 2 weeks, as I have been driving, all of a sudden the car has just shut off. The first time it happened I just pulled over stopped, engaged the started and the car started as if nothing had happened. It happened again today, the difference being that I was on the highway. The car shut off, the maintenance light came on, then after about 1-2 seconds, the car gained electrical power again, and everything was fine. I have noticed in the last few weeks that on occasion when I turn the key to accessories to listen to the radio, nothing will happen until I turn the key off and then on again.

Is it time to replace to ignition key, or should I be looking at something else?

Thanks, Steve Saskatoon, Canada

Reply to
Steve Janzen

Steve Janzen wrote in news:13glimn61256i43 @corp.supernews.com:

Your car is covered under a Safety Recall having to do with the ignition switch.

Visit your local dealer. Quote TSB number 02-031. Ask if the fix has been applied to your car.

Reply to
Tegger

What Tegger said, and don't cut in front of any oncoming cement trucks. It can die at the most inopportune times.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_