2007 MDX Noise on Acceleration

Anyone have information or history on acceleration noise for the MDX? Specifically the 2007? Lately I've been hearing (and feeling) a muffled "pop" or thunk sound upon a hard acceleration from a slow speed. Usually in passing. It's not easily repeatable but seems to be increasing. I've got about 1100 miles on it.

Reply to
NavyWings

---------------------------

It wouldn't be the gas in the tank sloshing backwards, would it?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I wouldn't think the gas sloshing around would be very noticeable...aren't there baffles in the tank to keep that from happening?

A more likely (IMO) explanation might be the car shifting when accelerating. Firmer shifts are more noticeable than softer ones.

Also, there might be a loose connection somewhere under the car...a U-joint that is not properly secured...and whatever is being held by the U-joint bounces around under the stress of acceleration.

My $.02 worth.

Tom S. Houst> Anyone have information or history on acceleration noise for the MDX?

Reply to
Tom Simchak

The answer will probably be -- "cannot duplicate the customer's problem.."

Reply to
tww1491