2009 TL

Has anyone out there purchased a new TL? If you have, can you please comment on your thoughts about this version?

I have a 2004 TL (and an NSX), but they styling of the new one is polarizing. It's also about 500 lbs. Heavier than my 2004 version.

I live in California and have only seen one new TL since they became available. I wonder if Acura will be discounting the price significantly. Though I am not sure I would be interested unless the price was very low indeed.

Thanks,

- Russ

Reply to
rll

Russ,

I own an '06 TSX and when it was in for scheduled maintenance, I was given a base '09 TL with nav, as a loaner car. I had the car for about

24 hours and my biggest disappointments, other than the styling, were the road noise and turning circle. The road noise was less than my TSX, but not as low as I would expect from an almost $40K stickered car. As far as the turning circle issue goes, my wife's Escape has a tighter turning radius than both the TSX and TL.

I hope this gives you a few things to consider.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information. We have several cars including our old Pathfinder that we use for the dog. It has the smallest turning circle of any of our cars by far. And it's a four wheel drive. I am not sure why Honda doesn't reduce the turning radius on its vehicles.

I also have an NSX, but to be honest, I've never really noticed how tight the turning capability is on it.

When Hondas are reviewed, nearly all comments include elevated road noise. My friend bought a Lexus GS and it is noticeably quieter. Maybe it's time to look into another brand. I still love the NSX anyway.

Thanks again.

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Reply to
rll

Your wife's Escape is probably a RWD.

Reply to
Venture Rider

Ford Escapes come in FWD & AWD, no RWD option.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Negative. FWD.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

some of that 500 lb. goes towards SH-AWD which appears not to improve handling very much, if at all. Honda appears incapable of making it work as advertised. SH-AWD (and its weight) doesn't help to improve mpg, either.

I know former TL owners who went with Lexus IS (quiet ride) this time around and new shoppers who went with Infiniti G series (sporty drive).

Frankly, if you are trading in every 4 or 5 years it makes sense to take BMW up on their free service & maintenance for 4 years offer. Why pay for long-term attributes you won't need?

Reply to
ACAR