New 2012 Acura TSX with 4 miles on it smells like burnt plastic

I just bought a new 2012 Acura TSX with 4 miles on it from dealer. It smells like burnt plastic after I drive it for a few miles and the engine heats up. I can sense this when I get out of the car and I'm standing right next to it. I can smell it a little in the cabin, if I have the vents open. Should I be worried? I searched around and it doesn't seem like anybody else had the problem. So I'm kind of worried..

Reply to
Sofya

This is normal. There is a coating on the engine & other parts that "burn off" over time. If it is still stinky after a week, ask your dealer to take a look. I noticed the same smell with my TL & G35.

I just bought a new 2012 Acura TSX with 4 miles on it from dealer. It smells like burnt plastic after I drive it for a few miles and the engine heats up. I can sense this when I get out of the car and I'm standing right next to it. I can smell it a little in the cabin, if I have the vents open. Should I be worried? I searched around and it doesn't seem like anybody else had the problem. So I'm kind of worried..

Reply to
Scott W

Normal but still surprising. Same thing on my new 2011 RL last year when delivered by dealer.

Reply to
Smarty