'91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?

I want to replace them, but was told if they are machined, they need to be machined on the car. Does this mean they are difficult to remove if replacing them?

Reply to
finding z0

guess i found my answer on Tegger's site. Cheers

Reply to
finding z0

"finding z0" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

They can be difficult to remove if rusted in place. There is a solution if they are, though.

And NO you do NOT need to machine them in place. However... you DO need to be 100% certain tthat the hub and rotor are 1,000,000% free of rust and grit.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Machining them on the car is the BEST way to do it. This will compensate for any imperfections in the hub/bearing assembly. But Tegger is right, it is not an absolute necessity. BTW Tegger, I read alot of posts but do not always answer them and I just want to say that you do a very good job of leading people in the right direction. I do not have alot of time to play on here as I am usually working on an Acura of some sort! It is good that someone like you has the time and know how to keep people informed. If you ever need any technical stuff just let me know as I have access to alot of it!! Just my 2 cents worth.

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

"Acura God" wrote in news:atZzf.719238$_o.550199@attbi_s71:

Yes, and it's a lot more expensive. Much more, certainly, than removing the discs yourself and bringing them to a shop. My local Acura dealer only does rotors on-the-car with new cars that are having the work done under warranty.

I try.

That would be nice.

I wish Honda had something like Toyota's Techinfo site, where you can download everything from TSBs to full shop manuals for a fee.

TeGGeR®

Tegger is a great resource. All hail Tegger!

Reply to
finding z0

Honda is very tight lipped about everything!!!!

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

need help on replacing lug studs

Reply to
donn7737

"donn7737" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

You overtighten them then break one off?

Hammer the remains towards the hub until it falls out. Insert new one from rear, put nut on it and tighten until it's pulled all the way on.

New one won't fit behind the hub? Then you need to remove the hub from the car. On the fronts, this requires a 20-ton press. On the rears, usually requires a 600 lb. impact wrench to get the center nut free.

Finally: Your lug nuts only require 80 lbs of torque. Standing on the wrench to tighten them is overkill. You don't need 200 lbs on them.

Reply to
TeGGeR®